Sunday, April 5, 2015

Not so Rocky Road

A recent trip to  TSC (Tractor Supply Company) for rabbit food afforded me another look at the bargains they often have in baskets at the front of the store. Being hungry and with my daughter I was excited to find Annabelle's Rocky Road. Three words and the price tag caught my eye Cashews and milk chocolate and the price tag of was $1.49 now $.50. I love all of these things, so one for me and one for my daughter. Did I mention that I was not wearing my glasses,BAD IDEA. First thing my daughter noticed was that it said, clearly,  marshmallow. To my defense the sticker was over the word marshmallow. Since my wife and kids are vegetarian this was a no-no. Then I realised I had a stress test the next day, so caffeine was not on my approved list. That was then and this is now, so today I thought I would give it a try. Since the thing attracting me to it was the cashews my reaction was disappointment. It seems to me that spring is here and the road crew have smoothed out those rocky roads and all I got was the occasional piece of gravel. In other words the cashews were too small and too rare. In fairness if you want a chocolate covered marshmallow bar with a hint of cashew it was pretty good. For my tastes today I wanted to be a little nuttier. Well, try one for yourself but don't expect a lot of cashews!
Image result for annabelles rocky roadUntil I taste again I bid you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment