Sunday, July 13, 2014

Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale review

It is 72 degrees according to the computer, hotter according to my body. I am sat in front of a fan eating a quesadilla I made from spinach pesto tortillas and fake beef,  onion powder, salsa, and of course Mexican style cheese. Edible enough, but not my best creation. I tried one, subbing  refried beans for the fake beef.It was very messy, but ok. So, what to wash it down with? Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale.Not a traditional paring.The Sam Adams website would have you believe that oyster and pumpkin souffle, or marinara would be a better paring.  They do mention pesto, so I guess this could count. Anyway, the spices, such as ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg seem to give the beer a good flavour, and  they did not disagree with my weird meal.The beer is one I would be prepared to drink again and maybe, as they say, it would be "perfect for  the crisper days of fall." I don't think it was imperfect for July either!!! Below is the official description of the beer. Until I taste again I bid you peace.

Harvest Pumpkin AleBottle Detail Large harvestpumpkin


Real pumpkin & warming spices like ginger, cinnamon & nutmeg give this brew a smooth, hearty, and inviting character perfect for the crisper days of fall.


                                 HOP VARIETIES

East Kent Goldings and Fuggles

MALT VARIETIES

Samuel Adams two-row pale malt blend, Caramel 60, Special B, and smoked malt

YEAST STRAIN

Top-fermenting Ale

COLOR

Dark reddish amber, SRM: 33

SPECIAL INGREDIENTS

Real pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & allspice

ALC. BY VOL/WT

5.7% ABV - 4.4% ABW

IBUs

14

CAL PER SERVING

199

AVAILABILITY

Seasonal

No comments:

Post a Comment