Monday, July 14, 2014

Kona Brewing company KOKO BROWN

The first Kona Brewery I tried was Longboard Island Lager I had this on draught and was very under impressed. When it ran out it was replaced by Big Wave Golden Ale. Big wave was better offering a malt and hops flavour. The best was yet to follow koko brown is the best of the kona brewery beers I have the good fortune to try. I tried it first on draught and due to the great experience I had drinking it on draught, I purchased it in bottles, when I saw it in the local krogers. With its malt  and roasted cococonut flavours it hits my tastebuds in all the right places. Yes it tastes better on draught than in a bottle but either version tasted very enjoyable.

Castaway IPA I have my sights set on you...!

Below the official word from Kona so until I taste again I bid you peace.

Koko Brown

A Nut Brown Worth Cracking

Is there anything more iconic of the lush tropics than the coconut? The delicious heart of this island treasure has a nutty, toffee flavor and aroma that sends you straight to the beaches of Paradise. Kick back with a Koko Brown, brewed with real toasted coconut, and savor the mahogany color and smooth, roasty malt taste. Island-only beer in 2014
BITTERNESS:
26.7 IBU
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME:
5.5%
ORIGINAL GRAVITY:
13.69° P
MALTS:
PALE (PREMIUM 2-ROW), DARK CHOCOLATE MALT, AROMATIC, VICTORY
HOPS:
CASCADE, WILLAMETTE, MILLENNIUM

No comments:

Post a Comment