Monday, September 12, 2016

seagram's escapes jamaican me happy

First we went to help my daughter move to Delaware Ohio (not that we were that much use) We did have to stop to eat. So it was off to downtown Delaware. After a walk around downtown with it's antique stores and various restaurants. We decided on a place my daughter likes J Gumbos.
I went to the bathroom when I came out my family had made their choices.The choices were all Vegetarian since they are Vegetarians. I am not so i tried a taster of  Drunken Chicken (Tender chicken with stewed tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and Cajun spices slow cooked with beer) and
Etouffée (Plump shrimp or crawfish in our hearty golden roux sauce with onions, celery and a dash of red, white and black pepper). They were alright but neither seemed as spicy as some Cajun food I have eaten.
My families selection was as follows:

Creole Ratatouille VEGETARIAN (V) $7.00 A New Orleans twist on the French classic! Hearty tomato stew with zucchini, squash, okra, onions and peppers

Bumblebee Stew (GF & V) $7.25 A blend of corn, stewed tomatoes, onions and black beans in a creamy sweet & spicy butter sauce

White Chili (GF & V) $7.00 Cajun white chili with stewed tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and a hint of dill

I tried all of those and found my wife's choice the best Bumblebee Stew served on rice with a piece of bread and butter I had sour cream cheese Green onion and jalapenos on my it was tasty but not at all spicy. Well other than the Jalapenos which seemed to be jarred and thus not that spicy either. Still good.
 So my wife assures me that it is national chocolate  milkshake day. I will be honest I don't recall hearing of such a thing. Where do these days come from who makes them up. I think i will invent a few.
Image result for united dairy farmers malted chocolate shake So anyway we stopped on the way home at United Dairy farms for a malted chocolate milk shake.  A little chocolate milk a scoop of ice cream and some malt powder and you have a tasty treat that people will drink for centuries. However at $4.69 for a 32oz I settled for a few drinks of Tammy's and for only $1.25 bought Seagram's escapes jamaican me happy. Did it make me happy? Well it was ok at first a light fruity drink. The more I drank the more I realised that the guava was overpowering everything else. So short answer I would drink it again if thirsty but would not choose it over many other drinks.
Now the official word:

JAMAICAN ME HAPPY

Image result for seagram's escapes jamaican me happy can
Filled with luscious lemons, sweet strawberries, mouth watering melon and great tasting guava.
3.2% alcohol 

No comments:

Post a Comment