Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Goose Island Sixth Day Ale

  On the sixth day my Goose Island brought to me...
...Sixth Day, a festive brown ale, Goose Island proclaim. They are correct. A brown ale with a tasty, festive twist. If you are like me, not eager to let go of the festive season, grab a bottle, look at the snow, and turn the Christmas lights back on. After all, it can't be Christmas everyday, but a taste of Christmas could do no harm.
I enjoyed it. See if you do.Below official specs, and until I taste again I bid you peace.



Brewer's Notes:
Every year to celebrate the holiday season, we brew up our Sixth Day, and with each year we change the recipe slightly so that you have something special to look forward to.

Recipe Information:
Style: Brown Ale
Alcohol by Volume: 8.3
International Bitterness Units: 55
Color: Auburn
Hops: Pilgrim, English Golding, Celeia
Malt: Special Pale, 2-Row, Bonlander Munich

Serving Suggestions:
Preferred Glass: Nonic
Food Pairings: Ham, Turkey, Lamb
Cheese Pairings: Aged Gouda, Dry Jack
Cellaring Notes: 180 days

Availability:
Seasonal (October - December)
Bottles: 6pks
Draft: 1/2bbl (IL & OH only)

No comments:

Post a Comment