Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Birthday month to me. (Although this shows Pacific time for some reason, where I am it is February).
 I came up with a theory a few years ago. let me know by the comments section if this makes sense to you. OK, here goes.
When you are young you have a birthday. After all, according to the actuary tables, the younger you are the longer you are likely to live (I know.No guarantees.This is just probability)After you have lived into your twenties you should probably celebrate your birthday for the equivalent of a weekend. If, as the saying goes, God's willing and the creek don't rise, you make it to your forties, celebrate for a week. (Why not? You earned it). Well, I made it to fifty last year, so a month of celebration is a more appropriate reward. After all, who knows how many birthdays lie ahead? 
With the cheery part in mind,ie celebrating my birthday month,let the party begin.
Tonight we start with an item that my oldest daughter recommended whilst we were on a three hour saunter around the grocery store.

Skinny sticks, (multi grain sweet onion). She described them as hipster onion rings.
First observation is they are nice and crisp.The flavour is good, but sadly more subtle than I would like. The sticks are square but hollow in the middle, meaning they fool me into thinking I am eating more than I am, so maybe I won't feel the need to eat as many. I keep dipping in for more so they can't be too bad. Would I buy them again?Yes, if the price is right, They remind me of some kind of corn stick snack I had in England when I was younger. Can't recall the name. Below are the official details. They did make me thirsty, so below is a quick review of  O'Fallon cherry chocolate beer.




Multi-Grain Sweet Onion


  Multi-Grain
Sweet Onion

(Case of 12)

Hi, I’m a Skinny! I am a multi-grain based stick that’s perfect for guilt free snacking.
I’m loaded with all kinds of grains (whole ground corn, rice, oat flour, and barley). With just the right amount of sweet onion taste, I’m fat on flavor, but I won’t make the scales or your skinny jeans a scary thought.

  • All natural
  • 40% less fat than potato chips
  • 15g of Whole grains per serving
  • Non-GMO ingredients Nutrition Facts


O’Fallon Cherry Chocolate Beer


 A lot lighter in colour than some chocolate beers. It has a bubbly head. The chocolate and the cherry are definetly present, though I would like both, especially the cherry, to be slightly more pronounced.Still, tasty and a nice change. Wet my whistle after those skinny sticks. Official word on beer below.
Well if time permits I will review a lot of taste sensations this month since tasting is what I like to do to celebrate.



O'Fallon Brewery - Wheat BrewA dark wheat beer that tastes like a chocolate covered cherry…only better! Available December1.
Style: Dark Wheat Alcohol: 5.7% ABV Bitterness: 10 IBUs Color: 13.3 SRM Grain: Pale, White Wheat, Caramel 40L, Chocolate Hops:Cluster

1 comment: