Monday, January 20, 2014

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA

  Other reviews suggest both good and bad opinions exist for this. I lean on the side of good. It is, I believe, one of the better beers in Sam's hopology collection. No, it's not complex, but a decent IPA flavour that should  be enjoyable if we are not trying to be beer snobs and just want, as I just said, a decent IPA flavour. Sure the existence of better IPA's is a fact, but many worse exist. Several brewed by Sam Adams. Please remember what I say now and carry it with you in life, like a torch lighting the way to truth: "All opinions given by others (including me) are just that: opinions. They are theirs and not your own.Form an opinion based on your own preferences, not that of others!"
  With that said, please come back soon, and see what taste sensations I have had. My wish is to inspire you to try new things, not to avoid everything I, or others, say is bad. We may prove to be right, but the only way to know for sure is to have that sensation for yourself. Below are the official specs.
So until I taste again I bid you peace.


NEW Lat48 LGDetailSamuel Adams

Latitude 48 IPA


Latitude 48 IPA is brewed with a unique blend of hops from top growing regions in Germany, the UK, and the US, all close to the 48th Latitude.  In 2013 we added Mosaic™ hops from Washington state for a bright citrus note and to complement the distinct character of the other four hop varieties included


HOP VARIETIES

Hallertau Mittelfrueh, East Kent Golding, Zeus, Simcoe, Ahtanum, Mosaic

MALT VARIETIES

Samuel Adams two-row pale malt blend, Caramel 60, and Gambrinus Honey Malt

YEAST STRAIN

Top-fermenting Ale

COLOR

Deep copper, SRM: 20

SPECIAL INGREDIENTS

ALC. BY VOL/WT

6.0% ABV - 4.7% ABW

IBUs

60

CAL PER SERVING

206

AVAILABILITY

Year Round




No comments:

Post a Comment