Monday, December 16, 2013

Angry Orchard Apple Ginger Hard Cider

Ok, so we have done some Christmas items.But let's explore a variation of one of the things I would drink when my friends and I would go on a pub crawl. Although the occasional Hull Breweries beer would pass over my lips, my favourites would be Carlsberg Special Brew, Stella Artois, and one of the available ciders. (Yes I did try to do scotch, but due to the speed my friends drank,something I will no doubt cover in a future post, tall drinks hit the spot better. Anyway, tonight let's cover an American interpretation of cider by Angry Orchard:Apple Ginger hard cider.
  As a person who does not like my cider or my wine dry, (after all I am having a drink to quench a thirst, not create a thirst), I have to say that I do not consider this as a dry cider or my opinion of it would not be as good. There is a slight crispness to the apple, but it clearly has a good apple taste. The hint of ginger complements, rather than overpowers the apple flavour. So, all in all, a winner. My first experience of American cider was some foul cider from Hornsby. I remember thinking at the time, if this is what Americans do with cider they better give up. After trying this and some other brands I am glad they did not!

Below the official blurb from angry orchard.


APPLE GINGER

FLAVOR PROFILE

Our Apple Ginger cider is a unlike any other cider. The addition of Nigerian ginger flavor adds a spiciness and warmth to the cider. The fresh ginger and apple flavors blend together for a sweet, yet slightly tart taste with a distinct ginger aroma. The result is a smooth, refreshing, slightly sweet cider with a subtle dry, yet complex, warming finish from the ginger.

ABV5%
COLORAMBER
FOOD PAIRINGS
  • BRAISED PORK BELLY WITH SAUERKRAUT
  • THAI STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH GINGER AND CHILIES
  • CLASSIC BAKED HAM STUDDED WITH CLOVES AND GLAZED WITH HONEY
GLUTEN FREEYES
AVAILABLE IN BOTTLE: 6PACK; CAN: 16OZ


Well, that brings us to another blog closing, so I bid you peace until we taste again!

No comments:

Post a Comment