Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Abita Christmas Ale

   When I decided I was going to do a blog about my passion, food and drink, or taste sensations, I held back certain items for review. Hopefully this will explain why so many Christmas beers are currently appearing in my blog. If not, well, too bad,  because here I go with another.
   Last Christmas my wife bought me a six pack of six hand picked beers. Two of them happened to be Abita Christmas ale. Although she is a tea total'er she apparently has good instincts. This was one I remember enjoying last year, and a year in storage for the other did not hurt a bit. It's attractive colour and  full body suggest it's worth further investigation. It has the holiday flavour you might expect, but it also has a bite that I, as a lover of IPA's, find most enjoyable. If you want a Christmas ale that bites back Abita is one to definitely consider.
Below the official specs.
Till the next time I have a taste sensation I bid you piece.

Christmas Ale

Abita Christmas Ale (November - December) rounds out our calendar. Each year at the Abita Brewery we craft a special dark ale for the holiday season. The recipe changes each year so that Abita Christmas Ale is always the perfect gift. Its spicy character is excellent with traditional holiday foods such as gingerbread or spiced nuts. Try some blue cheese or a creamy Camembert with a Christmas Ale.
Suggested temperature: 44°
Suggested glassware: pint, stein, goblet or stange

Packaging

6 Pack Bottles



No comments:

Post a Comment