Monday, December 9, 2013

Welcome to My Taste Sensations


  Well,, everyone wants that first post to be brilliant. Sorry this is merely an intro and a statement about what lies ahead. I love tasting new things. I have frequently said "I want to try every taste sensation before I die. I am saving arsenic till last."
Another quote of mine is "never trust a skinny waiter." Have you ever been in a restaurant, and whilst looking at the menu you ask your waiter or waitress. "is this any good?" Then you look up and realize they have probably not tried it. (They are so skinny.) I am not skinny and have probably tried it at least once.
The name of this blog came from the fact that I will try anything even things I don't anticipate liking. I want to have "a taste sensation".
I try to teach everybody, including my own children, that before they had their current favorite food they didn't know how good it was, so their real favorite food may be something they have not tried yet.

I will, over the  course of time, review food items, drinks,(alcoholic and non alcoholic), and dining experiences etc. I will review things I come across in everyday life and things suggested by people, if money, time, and availability allow. I will also review things given to me, but be warned: food and drink are too important to lie about, and my reputation is important too, so if you send me something and it is bad I will review it fairly but honestly.

Ok I will sign off with the sign off used by someone else who had a passion for food: The Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith), "I bid you peace".

No comments:

Post a Comment