Thursday, June 1, 2017

May I have a beer May 15th Red Hook out of your Gourd Pumpkin Porter

First thing I noticed was a dark brown colour the second was it not being able to hold a head. Due to the lack of info on redhook.com I looked at other reviews they seem to vary between it having a rich golden brown head in one case to not much head in another. My experience was slight head that vanished shortly after pouring. It might be due to it's age mine was from last years brew. I expected a lot more from this beer because unlike most "Pumpkin" beers this one actually contained pumpkin not just pumpkin spices. Sadly the flavours did not excite me as much as  I had hoped I will again cut it some slack due to age but Red Hook out of your Gourd Pumpkin Porter was inferior to some other pumpkin beer I  have tried.


Now the Official word:
OK so I couldn't find anything on redhook.com
Porter · 5.8% ABV
Out of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter is a dark ale brewed with pumpkin, spices and maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment